Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds

While I could slurp soba with no other accompaniments other than a bottle of soba dipping sauce, this version from Nigella's Forever Summer is pretty good too!




This dish cooks in no time at all. And except for the spring onions, everything else comes out of a bottle or a packet. Easy! 

Nom nom nom...

Miss Pantry loves these soba noodles. I use low sodium soy sauce because I don't want her to have too much sodium in her diet. Nor mine for that matter.

 
Couldn't wait, took a bite!

Recipe from here.

 

4 comments:

Catty Pants said...

I tried this recipe too! I see I tried it back in Jan 2006 (I always sign off recipes I've tried and write a comment in the book).

Looks like you got her Forever Summer - yay!!! :):)

Serene Bean said...

CAT: I got this recipe ages ago from Nigella's website. I haven't actually bought Forever Summer. Yet! Went to Big W to see if they have it in stock and they don't! So I'll most probably order it from Book Depository.

About that - did you use the UK or US book depository? I saw some really bad comments about the UK site, how books either didn't arrive, or they arrived in poor condition.

Serene Bean said...

CAT: And as for the commenting and dating tried recipes, I've picked that up from you, it's a great idea! Now I can tell with one look which recipes I've cooked and whether i liked it or not. :)

Catty Pants said...

Hello! :)

I didn't realise that Book Depository had a US website! I use the UK one and cannot fault them. Books arrive in great shape. The only thing is it can take 1-2 weeks or even longer.

Hahaha...don't you just love commenting on recipes :) Gerard's family stayed over at my Adelaide home one time when Henry and I were back at home for Summer hols and apparently his sister went through my cookbooks and said that you could tell which recipe I was fond off and which I wasn't!

Leng now automatically writes a comment on recipes which HE likes :):)

~ Keep calm and have a cupcake ~