Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Teeth-Sticking-Plate-a-Licking Chocolate Caramel Slice

Such beautiful layers, don't you think? Who says brown coloured food is ugly?



















Ah, dear readers. The things I do for you. In order to make my chocolate slice look presentable for photos, I trimmed off all the crusty edges. So that you can see the beautiful jaw sticking layers inside. And of course, one must not waste food, so I had to eat those off cuts. But I did it with you in mind. Really.

 Even the off cuts are beautiful.

This slice is sweeeeeet. Perfect for sharing with people you love durng Christmas. So make it! Believe me, everyone will love you that little bit more after tasting it.


As Miss Pantry would say, "All gone"!

Recipe from Donna Hay Modern Classics Book 2 and here.

Happy baking!


2 comments:

Catty Pants said...

Gosh Serene, once again, amazing!!!

I do wish I had a sweet tooth sometimes because I will go for tea parties and the hostess will give me her pride and joy (i.e. her most lovingly made cup cake) and there I am trying VERY HARD to eat it.

I don't like icing at all, much less cream cheese icing and you can see the look of horror on her face at the icing left behind on my plate!

I feel terrible about it :(

Serene Bean said...

CAT: Aiya, you are too nice and can't say no! Haha.

Next time just decline cupcake and tell her you don't have a sweet tooth and that the cupcake would be so much more enjoyed by someone else, and perhaps comment that the cupcake icing looks really smooth, or the colour looks nice, or they look like they could be from a shop or something. :)

I'm sure the hostess won't mind, much better than trying to force feed yourself. Hee hee.

But if it's MY tea party, make sure you eat up! I'll be watching you like a hawk (just joking). :):)

~ Keep calm and have a cupcake ~